Thursday, September 12, 2013

       Over the summer I read the book "Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt" by Russell Freedman. This book is a biography about the life, hardships, and accomplishments of Franklin .D  Roosevelt; which you can most likely guess from the title. I'll be honest now. Before I read this book, I knew close to nothing about our former president. And as I learned about this man's life, I began to realize that he was indeed a great president! There are so many things about him that are really surprising. For example, he was the first cousin of our other former president Theodor Roosevelt, and what is really interesting is that these two presidents both had governing positions in New York and then they were both president. But by far the most interesting thing I learned about Franklin D. Roosevelt was how he kept doing what he loved after being stricken with the deadly disease polio that paralyzed his legs. And despite this terrible sadness, Roosevelt went on to be president for 3 terms. Within these 3 terms he solved many national problems, like the Great Depression, and Global problems, like World War II. Overall I learned a lot from this book, and I'm really happy that I sat down to read it this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment