This is my first year ever that I've had a blog and it has been an interesting experience for me. I learned a lot about myself as a reader by having this blog, I realized that I am better at thinking deeply about plot than I am about author's purpose or themes in the text. For example i would prefer to discuss what is happening in the story then to discuss what themes or messages the author put in the book.
I benefited from this experience in a few ways. One way that i benefited from having a blog is that I can more easily keep track of my thinking when I read. For example, when I didn't have a blog to write my thoughts in, I would always have to look back at the book to remind myself what I read recently. But with a blog I can write down my thoughts and easily access my thoughts by looking at my previous posts.
I think that people can be more real online or they can also make up personalities. If a person is happy with themselves and their personality, then the won't find the need to make up fake personalities and characters. But if a person isn't happy with themselves or their personalities, then they may find the need to make up characters online.
I think that people definitely take advantage of being on the internet and people absolutely say things on the internet that they would never say to a person's face. I think people do this because anyone can seem threatening on the internet and it may seem like the internet can protect them so no harm will come to them so they can do anything.
Overall, my experience using blogger has been a positive one. I have benefited from it on several ways, I learned things about my reading habits and about the habits of everyone on the internet, but despite all of these positive things I cannot see myself continuing this blog in the future because I really don't have want to have to be responsible for an ongoing project such as that.
No comments:
Post a Comment